Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Dear South Holland School District 151 Families,
We are so happy to have your child in our schools daily. Keeping children safe is our number one priority. We have instituted a COVID Safety Plan to lower the risk of the spread of COVID-19 in our schools. The plan includes ensuring that everyone in the schools wears a mask and providing air purifiers with UV technology in all classrooms along with several other precautions.
The most important step we can all take to keep children safe is to ensure that children stay home when they are sick or when they have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19. Please read the following information carefully. We ask that you take time EACH DAY to monitor children for symptoms and report any COVID-like symptoms or exposure.
Important Reminders – COVID Safety
- Your child must stay home and may not come to school if they have had any of the following symptoms within the last 48 hours:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- If your child is currently (within the past 24 hours) taking medicine for any of the symptoms listed above, your child must stay home and may not come to school.
- You must notify your child’s school and keep your child at home if he/she has had close contact with anyone who has COVID-19, or is awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test.
- If any member of your household has COVID-19, your child must quarantine at home. Please contact the school.
- If your child travels out of the state or country, please contact the school. Your child must quarantine for 10 days after they return home.
- If your child becomes ill or displays possible symptoms of COVID-19 while at school, the COVID Care Nurse will contact you. You must arrange to pick up your child immediately.
- If we determine that your child was in close contact (within 3 or 6 feet for 15 minutes or more) with someone with COVID-19, the COVID Care Nurse will contact you with instructions about quarantine for your child.
- Please make sure the school has your current phone number and email address as well as emergency contact information.
Thank you for helping us keep your child safe. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your child’s school.
Dr. Teresa Hill
Superintendent of Schools
Public Health Contact Information
Illinois Department of Health
Phone: 312-814-2793/ 312-814-5278
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Cook County Department of Health
Phone: (708) 633-4000